When: Friday 14th June 2019 at Studley Wood Golf Club
Cost: £280 per 4 x ball
- Coffee and bacon rolls on arrival
- 18 Holes, fourball stableford competition (2 best stableford score per hole on par 4s & par 5s, all player scores on par 3s)
- Longest drive competition
- Nearest the pin competitions on each par 3
- “Yellow ball” competition (best stableford score with a dedicated, yellow ball)
- Awards evening including dinner and prizes
- Charity auction in aid of the Oxford Children’s Hospital
Timings and Itinerary
- From 08:30 to no later than 09:00 Arrive for registration, bacon rolls and coffee (clubhouse)
- 09:30 Event welcome and briefing (clubhouse)
- 09:45 – 10:00 Warm up and practice if needed (driving range, chipping area and putting green)
- 10:00 Move to starting tee (shotgun start)
- 10:20 – Firework / Horn indicating tee-off
- 16:30 – 2 Course meal (clubhouse)
- 17:30 onwards – Presentation of prizes, charity auction and raffle, bar open until late…
Please arrive no later than 09:00 for coffee and bacon rolls, welcome and introduction. You are more than welcome to arrive earlier if you wish to get in some practice – Studley Wood Golf Club have a driving range, putting green, chipping and bunker practice area.
The bar will be open throughout the whole day and the evening meal will commence once all teams have completed their rounds. There will be plenty of time to shower and change after the golf in the club’s locker room facilities.
The raffle and auction will take place after the main course of the meal and then the bar will remain open late into the evening.
Normal golf attire for the 18 hole competition – please refer to www.studleywoodgolfclub.co.uk for any local dress code requirements.
Smart casual wear for the evening meal and auction will be just fine – it is more important that you are comfortable.
Breakfast Rolls and Coffee
On arrival you will be greeted with breakfast / bacon rolls and plenty of coffee – just the ticket to prepare you for a good day’s golf.
2 Course Evening Meal
A 2-course evening meal will follow the golf with a fully stocked bar available to purchase drinks.
Following the golf competition there will be an evening meal with the opportunity to donate a note (or notes) of your choice (£5, £10, £20 or £50) into an envelope, with your name on it, on your table. Towards the end of dinner the envelopes will be drawn and the lucky winners will have a choice of some fantastic raffle prizes.
All proceeds from both the auction and the raffle will go directly and in full to the Oxford Children’s Hospital Charitable Funds.
Prizes for the Golf Competition
There are a number of prizes to be won during the golf competition, all of which will be presented during the evening meal. Prizes will be awarded for:
- 1st Prize for the team scoring the highest combined stableford score
- 2nd place prize for the next highest combined stableford score
- 3rd place prize for next highest combined stableford score
- Longest drive
- Nearest the pin (separate prize for each par three)
There will be a charity auction after the evening meal where you will have the opportunity to bid for a range of items and experiences to suit all pockets.
Live MC and Charity auctioneer
Our very own local MC, Nathan Swift, will guide proceedings for the day and will also be our host for the evening auction an raffle. Those who have attended the previous years golf day will remember Nathan for his ability to raise a fantastic amount of money for such a worthy cause – done so with much humour and fun.
The clubhouse at Studley Wood Golf Club will be open for service from first thing in the morning until late into the evening.
For more information please contact:
Events & Volunteer Manager